Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vegetarianism..... or cheeseburgers?

I've discovered that it's so easy for vegetarians to eat in India! Most places offer at least half of the menu in vegetarian-only options. I'm on the fence about it myself and deciding whether or not I could really give up my beloved cheeseburgers I love so much. It's a good idea, vegetarianism, but the follow through might be a little difficult to adhere. I came across the vegetarian only restaurant below which would never survive in the states. I can only imagine cooking for yourself would be very time consuming to make veggies into something rather delicious other than a crunchy pile or tasteless mush.


All vegetarian foods here come stamped with the below icon either on the packaging or next to it on the menu. The picture is a little dark but it's a green dot in a green square. Red dots in red squares mean the item has some type of meat in it. And little red peppers inside little red squares usually mean its very very spicy and not for the easily spice-effected (as I think I might be.)


The below was a delicious plate I had this week, with a few items that the names of are escaping me at the moment. On the left is type of pita with another bread dipping type item, olives in the middle and spicy hummus. The red sauce only appeared to be spicy but was far from it and very tasty!


Completely unrelated to the topic is a beautiful waterfall we came across yesterday. It was so beautiful I thought I would share :)



1 comment:

  1. sounds like a difficult task to identify food and places to eat.

    ReplyDelete