Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cough....sneeze...ugh

So this update is rather late, it's been a number of days since I've posted. This is mainly due to developing what I think might have been Strep Throat on Sunday (horrible sore throat, fever, nausea) which seemed to go away on Wednesday thanks to antibiotics. Then on Thursday the symptoms were replaced by a runny nose and light cough which I'm still fighting off and hope goes away soon.

It's unusual for me to ever get sick so I can't help but feel that these are just due to being exposed to so many new places and people that I'm not used to.

Anyway I've been meaning to update for days with what I've managed to be doing when I'm not working/sleeping or medicated. Over the past week I've been to a wonderful store called FabIndia, to Commercial Street (a real experience) and to Leela's Palace (beautiful!) Thursday night the hotel hosted a Folk Music festival which was amazing.

Last night we traveled to the movies and then back, which I'll cover in my next post :) Now, on to some pictures!

On arrival at Commercial Street. You can't see but there is a women just outside of the frame desperately wanting to sell us large laminated maps of India displayed on a large stick.


These beautiful dresses are traditional Indian Wedding Saree's. I purchased a Saree this week myself (not as nice as these) that I'm still trying to figure out how to put on. I'll post a picture if/when this is accomplished. The pleats in the front of the skirt are as complicated to make as it looks to be.


Rickshaw "Auto" Drivers waiting in line for customers. (more on these in my next post haha)

 Beautiful Leela's Palace (not actually a palace from what I was told, how deceiving) We had a late lunch/early dinner here for a few hours. We attempted to go into the attached botanical gardens but a downpour arrived and we had to stay inside under cover. I thought that Monsoon season was over, yet it rains every day!


From the Folk Concert at the Hotel this week. The woman singing in front wasn't part of the original band but someone they bring on to perform with them for a few songs. The main performer in the band played the flute instead of singing. I have some video of this as well that I'll try and get uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment